25.10.06

Intimacy is the word!

These days, I have been reflecting quite a bit on my life and on things that I see around me. After talking to my Lebanese friend I have come to realize that intimacy is the word! The word that describes what I was trying to understand.

For the longest time I have been wondering why I feel lonely even when I have friends and people around me, and specially now, after been home for 6 weeks, why I feel so good and in place there and not so much here. And Intimacy is the word!

I have learned over the years that the concept of friendship changes from place to place, culture to culture, and person to person. For me friendship is something strong, is a commitment to see the best in each other and to be there to make this best arise. Is a strong, open and free relationship that takes place between two people, regardless of the gender, age, or race. When pouring in each other’s lives is a pleasure and a joy.

When I am home, I have that connection with old, strong friendships, with family, with people that know everything that there is to know about me and still love me and miss me. That is intimacy!

Been amongst a multitude of people doesn’t mean this connection will ever happen; it might, and ideally would, but not necessarily.

Loneliness comes when intimacy is not there, when life is not shared, when love and genuine care is not given or received in an environment of acceptance.

Intimacy is a fearless connection that strengthens and encourages each of us.

Intimacy is part of the Christian life, and I believe that is why God encourages being in community. But I also know that we will only reach the full fulfilment of intimacy when we are there with the only One that is whole with us and in is.

While on this earth, lets be intimate with one another, fighting together, resting together, concurring together, struggling together, and been victorious together!

"So, being affectionately desirous of you, we were delighted—we were eager—to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our own souls, because you had become very dear to us." I Thessalonians 2.8